[Noisebridge-discuss] how to read rss feeds

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 17:02:00 UTC 2010

in my continuing quest to become somewhat literate in the ways of the
21st century, i have decided that its time to learn how to read RSS
feeds. enough blogs are interesting to me that i want them delivered,
instead of me remembering to go to the website every so often.

i like my feeds like i like my my email: plain old text. i don't like
forums or guis. (i'm using thunderbird only because i haven't gotten
around to setting up mutt, but that would be my ideal.)

my fantasy rss reader would deliver the rss feed as simple text email to
my mailbox with a link to the original.

i use linux and thurnderbird, although sometimes i'm forced to read my
google email account via the google website.

what rss readers can do this for me, ideally with a simple apt-get install?

--
Michael Shiloh
KA6RCQ