[Noisebridge-discuss] how to read rss feeds

wonder at riseup.net wonder at riseup.net
Sun Oct 31 17:18:32 UTC 2010

I use rss2email to convert feeds into text I can read in my inbox in pine.
Works great.

http://www.allthingsrss.com/rss2email/

Here's an example of what it sends me:

---
Subject: Books by my bedside

Three books that I'm excited to read:

   * [Love in the Time of AIDS][1], by Mark Hunter. It has been acclaimed as
the best book about HIV/AIDS in South Africa, and I'm not surprised. I was
in South Africa when Mark was doing his fieldwork, working within a
community over the course of years, trusted enough to be given access to
love letters. When he presented his findings, it was always dynamite.

   * [Consuming Mexican Labor ][2] by Ronald Mize and Alicia Swords. With a
Republican House on the horizon, we can expect the anti-Latino rhetoric to
step up a notch. And yet, as Mize and Swords show, there has been
bi-partisan support for the idea that the US economy ought to rest on the
backs of its poorest neighbours.
   * [The Wind-Up Girl][3], by Paolo Bacigalupi. A [biopunk][4] set in a
future South East Asia run by Monsanto's corporate children. Bacigalupi's
latest has been shortlisted for the National Book Award, but this is the
book that, deservedly from what I've read so far, has launched him into the
stratosphere.

    [1]:
http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=401463
    [2]: