[Noisebridge-discuss] The point of Noisebridge, we're shooting a hacker to Singapore

Gardner gbickford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:23:03 UTC 2010

Hi Rubin,
  Perhaps you could sell this a bit more for people like me that may
not be involved enough to understand the benefits of a 24 hour trip.
All the hippy shit aside, I perceive long journeys with short stays as
a waste of resources. So you may understand how, when I read your
email, I felt as though it was as a plea for more resources while
standing on a current mis-management of resources. What does Antonio
hope to accomplish within 24 hours of being there that he could not do
over the internet and why is he only staying 24 hours?

Thanks,
  -g

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> Out of tonight we raised money, about $1000, then decided through a
> group vote conducted by a fucking robot that we would send a man by the
> name of Antonio to Singapore for 24 hours with the money raised. There
> were about 100-200 people involved in this vote.
>
> This is by far the stupidest and most awesome thing to come out of our
> hacker space.
>
> I have gotten a hold of the hacker space out there, Hackerspace.sg. We
> just got done with a 30 minute Skype session with ruiwen from the space
> and they are so ready to accept Antonio.
>
> Sadly there isn't much money left over for Antonio to complete this trip
> with. He still requires money to eat food, transport himself to the
> hacker space, and possibly buy a best to sleep in for a night.
>
> He needs your help! Can you get him money before he flies out tomorrow?
> Can you promise me money before he flies out tomorrow?
>
> If you can email me back and give me your word that you're willing to
> give me some amount of money to give him to tomorrow before he gets on
> his fucking plane, I will bust ass tomorrow to get to SFO and hand him
> cash before he flies off.
>
> Email me fucking now!
>
> --
> Rubin Abdi