[Noisebridge-discuss] on games as an introduction to deeper tech

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:06:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 19:59,  <travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org> wrote:
> Anyway, I've been thinking someone just needs to come up with
> a better way to use games to seduce people to the light side
> of the Force.  I hear many of the games now use python as a
> scripting engine.  I'm thinking someone needs to come up with
> a game that allows people to play, but lets them play _better_
> with increasing programming skill.

  I think this is almost right. People should be able to
  contribute to the game world at a different level if they can
  program; it lets them do more than mine or fish. However, if
  it actually lets them "own" then you'll have a pretty narrow
  community on your hands.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/