[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] LAN party gaming group

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 02:40:09 UTC 2010

Seems to me that VGA cables should be free. I'm sure I have some at The
Crucible which I'll try to bring in, and I'm sure that second hand
places like Goodwill and Salvation Army get them all the time.

Sure, it would be easier to buy them. But it just seems wrong when we
know that elsewhere they are being thrown away.

On 10/04/2010 07:15 PM, rachel lyra hospodar wrote:
> More vga cables seems like a good idea, although I have no idea what's
> in the noisemedia kit. Maybe more than new parts we need to implement a
> good sorting & storage system.
>
> On Oct 4, 2010 1:03 PM, "Jonathan Lassoff" <jof at thejof.com
> <mailto:jof at thejof.com>> wrote:
>  > On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Robert Fletcher
> <lobatifricha at gmail.com <mailto:lobatifricha at gmail.com>> wrote:
>  >> Actually, that cable was taken for one of the movie screens.  We
> borrowed
>  >> the one from the screen by the kitchen.  Agreed on the foosball table.
>  >
>  > Do we need more VGA cables? I saw the greeter terminal didn't have one
>  > over the weekend and couldn't find some in the hack shelf area.
>  > There's a shop down Mission street that has bins and bins of cheap
>  > unpackaged cables. I'll grab some DE-15<->DE-15 cables if they're
>  > needed.
>  >
>  > Also, that foosball table could probably find a better home. It's
>  > stabbed my hips more times than I care to recount.
>  >
>  > Are there any people that actually play foosball on it?
>  >
>  > Cheers,
>  > jof

Sent from my ASR-33