[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] LAN party gaming group

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Oct 5 04:41:52 UTC 2010

aditya bhargava wrote, On 20101004 144104:
> I'd like to thank you for the amount of help you've given us. As you already
> know, one of the bigger challenges Zbridge faces is getting our name
> recognized. With so many brilliant projects coming out of Noisebridge, I was
> afraid that ours would get lost in the dust. You personally took it upon
> yourself to ensure that this wouldn't be the case, and I thank you for that.

Oh lulz.

> I also appreciate the team environment you have created for us. As you
> already know, one of the best ways to bring a group together is to unite
> them against a common enemy. You have graciously thrown yourself upon the
> sword here – something that few people would choose to do.

I've already been nominated twice for Noisebridge's Poster Boy to go
Fuck Yourself With. I have high hopes that this thread will land me a
Mitch Altman Choice Award for the Most Obnoxious Fuck.

> Two of our key members will be out for the next couple of weeks. Since you
> focused so strongly on teamwork in your message (and your actions), I'm sure
> you will agree that it would be better for us to postpone our demo, so that
> Zbridge may work as a team on this project. Given your agreeable nature, I'm
> sure you will have no problem with this.

Nonsense, haven't you heard of this thing called the internet? It allows
you to reach out and collaborate with others. Paired with a version
control system (you know it's like Counter Strike but with files) I
fully expect a project submission to Jof by the 21st of October 2010, as
that is the deal.

> Finally, thank you in advance for the influx of gamers and programmers we
> will get on Saturday! You are of course welcome to join in the constructive
> fun. After all, isn't that what NB is all about?

No worries, you know you can't burn a hack space down without screaming
bodies locked in a low wall room full of shitastic graphic cards.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net