[Noisebridge-discuss] clipper card hacking

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Oct 5 05:51:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc at gmail.com> wrote:
> It does seem that some swipes take longer than others, perhaps as low
> as 300-500ms.
>
> Why would anyone build a high volume transit system based on this?

Personally, I find Clipper/Translink pretty unusable. In the times
that I've tried to use it, it usually takes 1-2 seconds and 2-3 tries
before it successfully tags.

I bummed that Muni is canceling their beautifully colored passes and
forcing people that want them to carry around RF cards. I liked being
able to collect the colored passes for posterity.
Now that I've started biking more, I've basically given up on Muni as a result.