[Noisebridge-discuss] Bedbugs in SF

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Thu Oct 7 13:46:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 06:52:25PM -0700, Aaron Muszalski wrote:
> I move that we ban bedbugs.

GM (to Bedbug1):
You enter a room with three Noisebridgers.

Bedbug1:
What's a Noisebridger?

Bedbug2:
Oh!  I've heard of these.  They're always hackers, and they always come in threes.
One always bans bedbugs.
One always bans those who try to ban others.
The last is morally opposed to banning,
but stabs you in the face for asking tricky questions.

Bedbug1:
Oh man, I don't know, I don't know!
Do we have any... what do they call them, foodstuffs?

GM: (rolls dice)
No, but with a quick scavving run you find two Club Mate in the room.

Bedbug1:
What's a Club Mate?

GM:
It is in German.  Do any of you speak German?

(heads shake)

GM:
It looks like a kind of beer.

Bedbug2:
I'm getting drunk!

GM:
On drinking it, you notice a strange feeling.  Your intelligence is
raised one point.  Please save against intelligence...
(rolls)
You suddenly have a brilliant idea.  You start composing something you
find intensely amusing that makes reference to several internet memes,
and near the end, you feel embarrased for wasting your time, but that
the time would even be more wasted if you didn't send it.  You click
send and...