[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Wed Oct 20 23:20:00 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 03:27 PM, Albert Sweigart wrote:
> So, to put out the obvious question: When does just zonking out at
> Noisebridge get to the point where it becomes a problem? I'd think
> that if you go to Noisebridge planning to work late and not catch the
> last BART more frequently than once or twice a month, that isn't
> acceptable. Though I wouldn't see a problem with people staying up all
> night working on a project (as opposed to staying up all night playing
> games and/or drinking).
>
> For fairness, we could come up with some rules and limits for how many
> times someone crashes at Noisebridge. But nobody is going to be around
> often enough to enforce them. If we do it on a case by case basis,
> then people might cry out about inequitable treatment ("but so-and-so
> has slept here more often than me and nobody is saying anything...").
> Though the latter is probably the most reasonable.
>
> What are other people's ideas of where the line is? I think sleeping
> at NB more than once or twice a month, or coming to NB planning to
> sleep there is too much. Especially if it would be every month.

For fairness, can't we deal with it when there is a specific problem
with an actual person or persons?

Rather than an accounting system to avoid some problem that may or may
not exist, why don't we talk about that specific issues at hand?

I personally think it would be awesome if people planned to have all
night hack sessions that including sleeping time. Why does anyone care
if someone has the _intent_ to sleep at Noisebridge?

Is the issue at hand really the act of _sleeping_? Or is the issue
_homelessness_ and the fear of abuse? Or something else?

All the best,
Jake