[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:32:21 UTC 2010

note: I have not read all the responses.

Im glad someone else brought this up. Lately, I've been noticing the trend
of more and more couchsurfers, long term guests, etc. This has totally
impacted my want to use noisebridge for, you know, hacking. I feel like
these people more often than not are people who aren't using the space to
make stuff or work, but just to have a place to crash. When I arrive on my
day off, wanting a good day to work on my projects, I'm a little bit
squeeked out to see 3 people in visually filthy attire sleeping on the
couches with large travel backpacks nearby.
Noisebridge is really important to me, and to my personal business- I need
to be able to work on my projects, and Noisebridge is my workshop.  Habitual
sleepers- and the attitude of Noisebridge being a couchsurf spot- is making
the space unwelcoming to be in.
This is my personal but heartfelt opinion: This is a bad thing. It's a
terrible trend that's getting worse due our lack of communication and want
to confront people, and- I say this hesitantly- could be one of the nails on
Noisebridge's coffin. This is coming from someone who comes here to WORK, to
HACK, and to MAKE shit.

Meredith

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Josh Myer <josh at joshisanerd.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote
>

>>  Not too long ago, one of our long-term guests put NB up on
>>  couchsurfing.org
>>

> Wait, what?  Really?  Wow.
> --
> Josh Myer 650.248.3796
>  josh at joshisanerd.com

doing stuff and making things
---
"The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
them. ." -Semir Zeki