[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Oct 21 20:40:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 01:32:21PM -0700, meredith scheff wrote:
> Noisebridge is really important to me, and to my personal business- I need
> to be able to work on my projects, and Noisebridge is my workshop.  Habitual
> sleepers- and the attitude of Noisebridge being a couchsurf spot- is making
> the space unwelcoming to be in.

Agreed, I've had this experience as well.  I showed up at 9 AM, somebody
was asleep on the couch, I felt bad to disturb them, and didn't work on
the shop project I'd planned to.

So to reiterate --

Don't sleep at Noisebridge.

If someone asks you to change your behavior to accomodate their sleep,
politely tell them to go find a hostel or somewhere else to stay.  Or
start up the drill press, your choice.

If you notice people sleeping at Noisebridge and feel like it's a
problem, send an email (to the list, or to me privately if you don't
feel like participating in DRAMA).

Thanks,
-andy