[Noisebridge-discuss] Have JTAG-fu? Willing to share?

weasel at meer.net weasel at meer.net
Wed Oct 27 18:47:15 UTC 2010

Le Oct 27, 2010 à 11:24 AM, Jonathan Lassoff a écrit :

> I'm in the middle of a project that is likely going to need some reverse
> engineering of a binary driver for a wireless device on a MIPS platform.
> As I'm really just having to port and modify a driver that already exists,
> I'm just left finding out what are the right places in memory to poke.

i may be mis-understanding, but better would probably be a logic
analyzer since it sounds like you want to snoop specific things (ie,
you can get a little active card thingee to go between your host and
target). an analyzer that 'knows' pci (or whatever your host bus is)
will be able to format out things like config/mem space accesses, and
can usually be programmed for parsing things like command queues (for
things that have advanced passed the world of straight memory mapped
io :-).

i think using the jtag to snoop is do-able (depending on your device,
arm can but i've not used this on mips), but would be pretty slow
(unless you have somewhat fancy equipment).

\p