[Noisebridge-discuss] Have JTAG-fu? Willing to share?

weasel at meer.net weasel at meer.net
Thu Oct 28 02:21:04 UTC 2010

Le Oct 27, 2010 à 12:04 PM, Jonathan Lassoff a écrit :

> I'm trying to get the ath-based Atheros drivers in Linux to function
> with one of their WiSOC (Wireless System-on-a-Chip) platforms.

> It's a different platform from their PCI-based devices, as it
> communicates to the radio through some kind of DMA path. I want to see
> if I can halt the processor after frame TX/RX and see what it's
> written and read from memory.

hmmm... this sounds almost exactly like their pci devices :-) the
analog PHY part used to be separate from the MAC-ish bits on the die,
but i guess mixed-mode is a solved problem.

anyway, openocd does support mips (at least some variants), but
there's definitely going to be typing involved for the trigger
conditions. ie, the dream scenario is that there's an actual pin w/
the signal and you have the boundary scan definition for your part.
often you can't actually 'halt' the processor like this since it is
attached to all sorts of things that don't stop (ie, the radio :-).

> I can already detect the device, but I need to find what addresses in
> memory map to the registers for the wireless radio.

hmmm... if you already have access to the device at some sort of shell
level to detect thedevice then wouldn't it be easier to just
disassemble the module or something?

\p