[Noisebridge-discuss] Have JTAG-fu? Willing to share?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:42:11 UTC 2010

Hey everyone,

There's an OpenMoko jtag board in the briefcase or the long flat clear
plastic bin on my shelf.
It's the openmoko debug board, I don't recall what version it is, but AFAIK
it should work with Openocd for some uses.
The jtag board itself is in a cardboard box with green markings.

You should totally use it if you need to; as Jeffrey Malone donated it last
year for everyone (not me).  I took it out of circulation when we moved and
brought it back now that the Noise-E lab is ramping up to more advanced
uses.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debug_Board

Also, there's a hobbylabs USB scope/logic analyzer that should be in the
same bin (on my shelf), or perhaps in a brown paper bag stuffed onto my
shelf area.  The device itself is in ziplock baggy with probes.  It's
windows only, I haven't tried running it with a VM yet but a there is a
VirtualBox or VMware install on Quagga.
http://www.hobbylab.us/USBOscilloscope/Home.htm

Jof or anyone, if you need this stuff, grab these items from my shelf, build
up a Banker's box for the hardware equipment and place it somewhere sensible
in the E lab commons.  There's a banker's box flat in the E lab that's
waiting to be assembled.  It's resting vertically between the new black and
grey shelving units that stand along South wall.

If it isn't done, I'll do this when I get back but i'm away for the time
being.  We should consolidate the spare atmel/uC ISP programmers, some of my
prolific USB-Serial cables, and other uC programmers together in the box so
everyone can rely on it being in the same place.

1) I'd like for this equipment and future equipment of this type to be
available for everyone doing hardware and reversing work(a storage space
somewhere in the E lab)
2) We also have a desktop computer available for folks who don't a system
set up of their own (Quagga in the E Lab)
3) We should have some best practices, hands-on events, or how-to's
available so the equipment is cared for and not needlessly damaged.

To this end there will soon be a new mailing list available to coordinate
equipment use and skill sharing based around the Noisebridge CE-EE lab (aka
NoiseCEEE-lab).  Everyone who wants to help guide this E lab into a more
useful resource should add up when it becomes available.

-R. Miloh