[Noisebridge-discuss] call for action - Mr. Salvador/Salvator Dalajlama is back

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Sun Oct 31 20:56:04 UTC 2010

I have not met this guy and I have only heard rumors.  My understanding
is that he does the following undesirable things:

* shows up to the space scarily high
* sleeps there
* takes things from people's shelves
* leaves dirty clothes in the "clothing swap" area he created

(There may be other things I don't know of)

None of those are excellent things.  But if he stopped doing them, would
the man himself be a problem?  I'd rather focus effort on stopping the
problem behaviors.  That seems much more of a Noisebridge way of doing
things than trying to ban him.

Aestetix, I think the message that these things are not acceptable will
come across much better if many people in the community talk to him
rather than just one.  Nevertheless I encourage you to implement your
idea of trying to become his friend, as that can only produce good
results for us all.

Generally it's hard to criticize someone to their face.  But like
cleaning up after ourselves, it has to be done to maintain the
Noisebridge we know and love.

Rachel

Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2010, at 2:46 AM, aestetix aestetix wrote:
>> So, here's my actual take on it. I think there's a communication breakdown, where a lot
>> people think "we" have "attempted" to "talk" to him, and "failed."
Instead of uniting