[Noisebridge-discuss] EVENT - Renegade Lights - Monome Community Tour - 02010 09 19

Vlad Spears spears at 2secondfuse.com
Mon Sep 6 19:43:21 UTC 2010

Hello Noisebridge!

A little less than two weeks from today, on Sunday, 19 September, Renegade Lights will be throwing an 8-hour Monome mini-festival at Space Gallery in San Francisco.  Renegade Lights is a local label and new series of events here in our fair city on the Bay, dedicated to musicians wielding modern technology.  This first event is the San Francisco stop of the worldwide Monome Community World Tour, showcasing local musicians using grid-based controllers in planet-spanning relay performances.

What - Renegade Lights, a night of original music made with grids of blinking buttons
Where - Space Gallery, 1141 Polk St, San Francisco, CA
When - Sunday, 19 September, 02010 - 15:00 to 23:30 (3:00pm to 11:30pm)
Who -
Musicians: Visinin, Edison, Wolf Interval, Nonagon, Ellul, Raja The Resident Alien, Dolza and Schplingidy
Visualists: CSTNG-SHDWS, Mediapathic and Mattbot

Gear: Grids (40h, 256, 512!, Block, Lunchboxes, Arduinomes, iPads, APC-40s) and more heavy rhythm machinery than you can shake a rainstick at

Why - Good times, good music, good people

21+ only.  Admission is free.  Come, leave, come again at any time during the event.
No RSVP is needed to attend, but we have a Facebook page here if you are inclined:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127664967278065

We've also created some killer desktop wallpaper to celebrate Renegade Lights on screens world-around.
If you like LED grids and abstract science fiction landscapes, you will dig them!
Flickr set of desktops in multiple sizes, including iPad - http://bit.ly/ckKReM
ZIP archive download of all desktops - http://bit.ly/92eHIH

Come out and bump the lights with us!  We'd love to see you!

Vlad