[Noisebridge-discuss] Recommendations for home firewall?

David Stein dcstein77 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 17:57:57 UTC 2010

For years, I've been using pfsense on a PC Engines WRAP system as a
home firewall.  Now that pfsense is based on nanobsd, the WRAP board
becomes a little cumbersome.  It's time to move on.  Any
recommendations?

DD-WRT seems really popular.  Perhaps on something from Netgear?  A
combination firewall + 4 port switch + wireless access point + cable
modem would be great.  Never seen one though.

I definitely want something that I can upgrade without taking the CF
card out and reflashing it.  Right now I need a screwdriver to take
apart my little WRAP system each time an upgrade comes out so I can
get at the flash card.

Budget < $300.