[Noisebridge-discuss] anyone have a SIM socket?

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 17:05:41 UTC 2010

My trusty sidekick isn't able to read my SIM card, and after poking and
bending the socket to try to improve the contact pressure I finally
broke it off.

I'd like to attach a separate SIM card socket so I can see if the
problem is the socket or something deeper inside.

I don't care if the phone has wires dangling out of it to a socket the
size of a matchbox. It's a Frankenphone anyway.

I guess I could remove one from a different dead cellphone, ideally one
that has a socket that can be removed or isolated in some reasonable way.

Hacking at its best!