[Noisebridge-discuss] stop a car remotely, win $200-500k (HERF gun time?)

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Sat Sep 4 17:49:54 UTC 2010

By the way, I heard a guy once tell me that he could tune his
hand-held radio to the resonant frequency of the ignition coils of
various models of cars and, merely by keying up, disrupt their timing
sufficient to stall their car.

I always figured he was full of it - that thing was 1W at best - but I
thought it was an interesting idea, in that properly oriented and
tuned, you might be able to get by with less power.
--
It asked me for my race, so I wrote in "human". -- The Beastie Boys