[Noisebridge-discuss] Donation of some Soekris hardware

Will wglozer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 19:00:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:

> Wow! What a great offer Will! Noisebridge's existing network runs on a
> soekris net4801 and net4501, and I'd love to be able to upgrade the
> 4501 to a 4801. If you'd be willing to donate them to Noisebridge, I'm
> sure they will be looked after and used for infrastructure in the
> space.

Wonderful! Noisebridge sounds like the ideal home for them then! I will
donate both, and if the net4526 doesn't have a near-term use Glen Jarvis
has indicated an interest in it.

> If your laptop still works, has an external power supply, and VGA
> output, we could really use it to drive one of the touchscreens in the
> space. We have some older laptops that were running some, but they've
> gotten to the point where they just regularly kernel panic, so several
> are out-of-commission.

Yes, it has VGA output and runs perfectly well, although it is an
ultraportable and may not have the cooling capacity to run 24x7. In any
case I will also donate it to Noisebridge and let you give it a shot =)

> I can't speak for the Playstations or hard drive, but someone else may
> have some project ideas for them.
>
> I'll be around Noisebridge some time today around lunch and early
> afternoon if you're thinking of coming by. Otherwise, you can drop
> this stuff off in the "donations" area near the elevator.

I will endeavor to stop by in the early afternoon, and if not I'll send a
note when I do.

> Let me know if you'd like some material to prepare a tax write-off for
> the materials.

Thank you! I would like to take a look at what's required to write it off.

-Will