[Noisebridge-discuss] Hot off the IEEE press

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Sep 10 01:15:54 UTC 2010

> Anyway, my impression is that we're not there yet, with the exception of
> "active cabling" there isn't really any photonics outside the lab yet, but
> we'll probably all have photonic interconnects in a decade or two.
>
> I haven't heard anything about optical transistors. Why would they be a
> good
> thing?

In my science fiction world they would be wonderful. But, your above
statements shatters my argument. I guess it really does depend upon transmit
time of photon vs. electron in such a short space...  I don't actually know
what that is.. so, maybe it wouldn't be wonderful at all..

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe