[Noisebridge-discuss] has anyone used a gsm cellphone module from sparkfun to build a cellphone?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Fri Sep 10 23:50:07 UTC 2010

I have a prepaid GSM phone in parts in a component drawer at home.  I was
going to suggest using it to submit data over POTS (well, VOIP, but, you
know), using the ArdPRS AFSK implementation.

Bonus: the whole thing with 200 minutes cost ~$40.  That's two-thirds as
much as the cheapest module, and probably a third as much as the overall kit
there would cost.

I'm still on the fence about posting pictures of this online, because people
are, how to put it... prejudiced about cell phones being used for improvised
interconnect purposes.
--
/jbm

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> want to?
>
> e.g.
>
> http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?c=68
>
> i'm interested in any experiences, observations, comments

Josh Myer 650.248.3796
 josh at joshisanerd.com