[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge's birthday!

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Sep 12 21:34:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:27:34PM -0700, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> Rachel Lyra Hospodar wrote, On 20100911 134955:
> > 2169 was rented october 1, 2009...
>
> Some history...
>
> Noisebridge has been holding meetings and what not since the beginning
> of time.

The first meeting where we used the name "Noise Bridge" was on March 3,
2007.  Jake registered the domain and set up a mailing list the next
day, March 4.

2007 is poorly recorded; we had several meetings over the course of the
year, but nothing reliable.  We moved over to Mailman and the -discuss
mailing list in November.  Several of us went to 24c3 in Berlin in
December 2007, where Lars and Jens gave a "Hacker Spaces Design
Patterns" talk --
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/events/2133.en.html
which I, at least, found electrifying and inspiring.

After we got back from Congress, we pretty reliably met every Tuesday in
2008; Shannon found us 83c in August, and the rest is history.

-andy