[Noisebridge-discuss] has anyone used a gsm cellphone module from sparkfun to build a cellphone?

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Mon Sep 13 23:39:53 UTC 2010

I have, on multiple occasions, wanted to have a cheap prepaid device for
"emergency only" communication such as in my home alarm system:

http://www.subspacefield.org/security/alarm_system/

Or, my friend's idea, of a portable version to be used in motel rooms.

It has to be able to reach you immediately, somehow.