[Noisebridge-discuss] has anyone used a gsm cellphone module from sparkfun to build a cellphone?

Erik Nelson erik.nels0n99 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 03:42:41 UTC 2010

Might be a bit off topic, but sometime in the past I ran in to the Tuxphone.
While it itself may have become inactive, I dug up some links:

http://www.opencellphone.org/

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2006/01/building_the_tuxphone.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley_Homebrew_Mobile_Phone_Club

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TuxPhone