[Noisebridge-discuss] Unwelcome person at noisebridge

Alex Handy alexhandy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 18:23:34 UTC 2010

I have to say, I've dealt with crazy people wandering into businesses, and some of them even working at said businesses. I've never encountered someone so disconnected with reality as "Dr. Bobby."

I agree, Noisebrirgde's open door policy is important to maintain, but this guy needs to go. He needs help and we cannot give it to him. He does nothing productive at Noisebridge. He spends his time looking at 5 books for a minute, talking to himself, then he wheels around and spews whatever words enter his head at whatever or whoever is nearby.

Slightly crazy is one thing, but this man is in need of serious medical attention. He showed up in an undone hospital gown, for christ-sake.

When someone else more boarderlne shows up, we can debate this again, but Dr. Bobby is a problem right now. The way he was acting, I don't think it's OK to let him visit Noisebridge at all. He's completely irrational, and his lack of a filter between his brain and his mouth causes him to say insulting, hurtful things to Noisebridgers, my wife included. And he obviously doesn't know he's doing this, so it's even worse for all invovled.