[Noisebridge-discuss] Safety

Thomas Stowe stowe.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:10:12 UTC 2010

I don't know how much you guys know about poo, but I know more than what
I've found to be the usual limited amount of knowledge that people generally
have.

If I recall correctly, there are such devices out there but they mainly
monitor weight of masses moved rather than anything chemical. Analysis of
poo weight and content can be noted being done with those patients with
serious illness like Crohn's disease Irritable Bowel Diseases (ulcerative
colitis, etc) and and colostomy bags fitted to monitor their condition. A
universal-analyzing toilet would be great in a space station or a moon
colony as a standard for every toilet because people need to be monitored
very closely and disease identified very quickly as there's a limited amount
of personnel up there to help and it takes time to get from there back down
to earth to see a full-fledged expert (doctor, clinician) related to some
conditions. I'm sure it would work to help one see how your body is impacted
by some foods. I have a friend that I haven't been in touch with recently
who has Crohn's disease and he described to me the frequency that his poo
was analyzed.

Aside...

I studied zero order drug kinetics in regards to a few substances and had to
figure out base systems such as kidneys, what passes into your blood from
where, why bilirubin makes your pee yellow (and is also what colors bile
yellowish) as well as what's digestable and what's not.

Another note is that cellulose isn't digestable to passes right out, which
is why you often see gum and some identifiable things (corn, leaves) in
fecal matter.

On that note, I'd like to give you all this link:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/146199/understanding_the_various_colors_of.html?cat=5

<http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/146199/understanding_the_various_colors_of.html?cat=5>
:P

Thomas

The information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information, or any part thereof, by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete and
destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all
attachments.