[Noisebridge-discuss] CodeBridge

Chris Bolton chriskun at saikonet.org
Fri Apr 1 02:54:32 UTC 2011

Hey guys! Soo I was wondering if anyone was interested in new programming
meetup (I guess similar to the codebridge initiative that was briefly
outlined on the wiki but I think it died.) I currently attend the sunday
scheme meetup but it seems to be more of a higher-level discussion group
about fundamental CS concepts, and how this meetup would differ would
basically be that we'd be more focused on actual projects, showing newbies
how to get started, and just getting getting your code to a working state,
in general. The main languages I'd be wanting to focus on/help with would be
haskell and scheme, but I 'spose we could branch out if there was enough
interest.

So yeah! This would include people who are completely new to programming as
well as those who are experienced but want a group to collaborate with. If
we have a lot of the former it could be structured more like a formal class,
and if we have a lot of the latter it could be structured more informally
with more one-on-one help. Again, the main idea is to come with your own
project ideas and/or willingness to help with others and we can help you
make them a reality :]

So, what are everyone's thoughts? Any specific days in mind? I was thinking
saturday..