[Noisebridge-discuss] ML Wednesday 4/13/2011 @ 7:30pm, Kaggle, Kinect

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Tue Apr 12 23:20:50 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,

For machine learning this week, Wednesday night @ 7:30pm
in the back classroom, we have Anthony Goldbloom from Kaggle
(http://www.kaggle.com) visiting.

Anthony is CEO of Kaggle, a platform for online machine learning
competitions. They've taken on the 3 million dollar Heritage Health
Prize, a competition for using patient data to predicting and prevent
unecessary hospital stays:

http://www.heritagehealthprize.com/

Should be interesting! If there is time we can start going over
the recent paper on joint identification algorithms used by the
Kinect - although next week if there's nothing else going on I plan
to give a more formal presentation on the random forest decision
algorithms used by the Kinect.

  mike