[Noisebridge-discuss] Call for Speakers for Android Development Conference

VonGuard vonguard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:24:48 UTC 2011

Got this today, thought I'd rework it and send it onto the list. If
you want to speak at the conference, email alan at bzmedia.com with a
proposal. The reason I am posting this here is that the conference
hopes to have at least one talk on the state of wearable circuitry.

Call for speakers: AnDevCon II: The Android Developer Conference
http://www.andevcon.com/AnDevCon_II/callforspeakers.html

I'm delighted to invite you to submit class and workshop proposals for
AnDevCon II: The Android Developer Conference, coming to San Mateo
from Nov. 7-9, 2011.

The first AnDevCon, held in March, had more than 800 attendees. We're
looking for the same, or more, as we move to larger quarters at the
Hyatt Burlingame, near San Francisco Airport.

At AnDevCon II, we are looking for technical classes and workshops.
Most of the conference program will be focused on programming and
application design. We have a hard-core techie audience. We're looking
at doing very few non-code sessions. At the Call for Speakers, you can
see the different topic areas for the program, including developer
essentials, tablets and embedded Android.

Our goal is to put together the freshest, most relevant, most powerful
educational program for Android developers -- so please give us your
best ideas.

(We are often asked: Do we pay speakers? In some cases, yes, we will
pay an honorarium, assist with travel costs and/or reimburse for hotel
rooms. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.)

If you are interested in speaking, please send your submissions to me
before the end of April -- thank you!

Best,

Alan Zeichick
alan at bzmedia.com