[Noisebridge-discuss] small hardware donation to the space

Robert Belknap rbelknap at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:08:59 UTC 2011

Good morning,

I'm in process of doing some spring cleaning, and I have items to donate if
they are useable. (I don't want to just add to the clutter in the space.)

Here is a quick rundown:

   - ViewSonic VX922 lcd monitor. It had several blown capacitors which I
   was able to replace this past December thanks to skills acquired at Circuit
   Hacking Mondays. :-)
   - PC tower with intel core2 processor, CD-burner, floppy drive, ram,
   mouse, keyboard, eSATA/firewire/USB card, etc. (I'm pulling the hard drive
   for re-use.) the video card is probably bad, I'm junking the box because I'm
   tired of futzing with it, and I just bought a new system.
   - Netgear WGR614 (v6) wireless 802.11 b/g router. (It had a habit of
   dropping a couple of my wireless devices off the network.)
   - ZyXEL DSL modem. (was bridged to the router above)
   - Box of random old PC components - old RAM, Video card, various cables,
   connectors, etc. should all be working.
   - GPS springboard module for a handspring visor (no idea if it works)
   - 2 PATA hard drives (60gb and 80gb)
   - a couple of power strips

I'm planning to drop by the space on Saturday.  I figure at the very least,
the LCD monitor and power strips could be put to use right away, should I
bring the other items in as well?

-Robert