[Noisebridge-discuss] Game night!

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:13:54 UTC 2011

Can we have a game night where we table-top a scenario that takes place in
noisebridge? Oh please oh please oh please. And maybe construct a text
adventure based on it afterwards (with Python) and leave it on one of those
informative computers I've seen that sometimes work as an intro-to-NB? I can
make the Python if you give me time to learn object-oriented programming. --
I promise no deadlines because I'm not that foolish.

"You have entered the door to the south. The pungent stench of
mildew emanates from the wet, graffitied walls. There is a hairy man
sleeping on the couch to the west. Nearby, a woman is creating a 3-D ASCII
penis with a box-shaped machine labeled, 'MakerBot'.

Settled on some couches in the 'library' is a group of people playing a
tabletop game..."

Honestly, that is the only appropriate gaming I can imagine taking place at
nb, and I am so in.

(And apparently I just volunteered myself to do something with the
geocaching, so maybe I'll be around nb enough in April to get something
together like this -- or at least to learn how to make that 3-D ASCII
penis.)

-Snail

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Chris Bolton <chriskun at saikonet.org> wrote:

> Hey guys! (again :P.) So I was just wondering if anyone was interested in
> restarting game night. The idea is pretty open, at the moment.. I actually
> have a fair amount of board games I could donate to the space if there was
> enough interest (caylus, game of thrones, age of steam, apples to apples,
> just to name a few...) Someone at the weekly meeting last tuesday also
> expressed interest in super smash? I'd be down for that anytime :D. I was
> thinking of friday but thursdays also seem to be a good day. Maybe we could
> have one day be more video-game oriented and the other be more board-gamey.
> Thoughts?

-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails