[Noisebridge-discuss] Kinect hacking/mapping?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 02:05:15 UTC 2011

This sounds really promising for making 3d scans.  Wouldn't it be cool to be able to get a 3d scan of something and then print it out in a MakerBot?

I took a look at the kinecthacks.com link -- I couldn't find out there how it works, or why they call it "RGB-Demo".  Is it using Red-Green-Blue light to somehow?  Or, does "RGB" in this case stand for something different?

Mitch.