[Noisebridge-discuss] Fixing my Glasses

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 02:54:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Elise Scher <elise.scher01 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi People,
>     Could anybody at Noisebridge help me fix my glasses?
>      People at Noisebridge tend to be really creative.
>      The glasses' frame broke on the bridge between the 2 lenses.

Try putting something on the back side that goes across as far as is
possible as a reinforcer. if you can roughen the two surfaces that are going
to go together in this piece then the glue will have more to stick to.

Another possibility is to find frames at the thrift store (that's where I
get mine) and have the lenses cut down to fit - which costs only a few $.