[Noisebridge-discuss] Question about Spacebridge balloon payload harness

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Thu Apr 14 00:49:47 UTC 2011

That wasn't a spacebridge thing, that was a Project Bacchus thing, and we
never used it because it wasn't quite responsive enough, and it really only
worked along two axes; but it's called a picavet, I got the idea from kite
arial photogpraphy:

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-03/video-mits-quadrocopter-carries-kinect-autonomous-flying

--S

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Gian Pablo Villamil
<gian.pablo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey, at one point Shannon showed me a really cool system for hanging a
> payload from a Spacebridge balloon, that would self-level.
>
> I'm in need of suspending a relatively heavy load that needs to level
> itself easily.
>
> Is there any documentation on the technique that Spacebridge used?
> Perhaps it has a technical name?

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700