[Noisebridge-discuss] Sun Enterprise 4500

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 21:52:23 UTC 2011

There is a nice sun ultra 80 with quad CPUs we can make a fun workstation
out of.  It will be sorta fast and if people really want to learn solaris 10
or opensolaris, it would be a great machine for that.  Fast (relatively) and
up to 4 gig of ram which is still Usable these days.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> I did not bring that stuff in, nor do i know who did, but i have been
> picking parts off of them.  I will be out of town until may 10th or so, so
> if you dump it all off, make sure to pull the fans and power supplies for
> me.
>
> -jake
>
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Andy Isaacson wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Thank you for getting a formerly very expensive server donated to
> > Noisebridge.  I look forward to you doing something useful with it.
> > Currently it is sitting on the floor taking up space and getting kicked
> > whenever someone walks by.
> >
> > Also, apparently it brought some friends, because there appear to be
> > several other Sun servers in that pile too.
> >
> > So, keep us posted as you make progress on setting them up, eh?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -andy

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer