[Noisebridge-discuss] Sun Enterprise 4500

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Apr 25 23:36:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 02:52:23PM -0700, Ronald Cotoni wrote:
> There is a nice sun ultra 80 with quad CPUs we can make a fun workstation
> out of.  It will be sorta fast and if people really want to learn solaris 10
> or opensolaris, it would be a great machine for that.  Fast (relatively) and
> up to 4 gig of ram which is still Usable these days.

It'll be almost 1/8 fast as the 65W Athlon quad-core I bought for $500
six months ago!  And draw only 400W of power to do it!  Awesome!

The Athlon can run Solaris, too, if you're into that particular form of
masochism.  This is San Francisco after all, we all get to fly our freak
flag any way we choose.

-andy