[Noisebridge-discuss] Compaq Concertos

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sat Apr 30 05:49:42 UTC 2011

   - The batteries are in a separate bag,. but they are there.
   - I believe there are batteries for all of them.
   - They may not operate until a battery is install and until it receives a
   small amount of charge.  I remember this to be an annoyance when they were
   new.
   - They use high quality NIMH batteries that perform very well considering
   they are 20 years old.
   - The pens require coin cell batteries and they are, all of them, dead.
   - I have a box on my shelf of units with intact hinges, paired with their
   pens, batteries, and keyboards.  I believe there are many working power
   supplies in said box.
   - They use 19v DC which is common for laptop PSU's.
   - The hinges are indeed broken on many of them, but being they are tablet
   dos/win3.11/win95 machines, it is not a remote portability that they'd serve
   well as wall terminals for various functions.
   - They run X Windows.
   - There is a linux pen driver for them.
   - They love PATA to Compact Flash Adapters, which makes them 100% solid
   state
   - I have a working win 3.11 image for them
   - They are groovy