[Noisebridge-discuss] Wiki now clean of spam accounts and (hopefully) spam

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Tue Aug 9 02:04:40 UTC 2011

The Secretaribot scripts
(https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Secretaribot ) has wruckened havoc
and now removed the hundreds of throwaway spammer accounts and spam
pages.

There are still a few trickling in, but with the addition of a simple
captcha on the user registration page[*], I think we've staunched the
flood.

Interesting Noisebridge Wiki stats from
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Special:Statistics

We've just hit 4 million hits on the front page. We have 641
non-spammy (I think) users, and 2,685 pages. We have 35 users active
in the last week. Top ten pages:

Noisebridge	4,079,184
Category:Events	35,765
Noisebridge Vision	24,772
Getting Here	16,794
Science For Juggalos	16,750
Five Minutes of Fame	15,596
Quotes	15,062
Resources	12,890
People	12,772
Machine Learning	11,383

That is all!

d.

[1] I'd like it to be something more fun than a sum, if anyone wants
to write a Noisebridgian addition to the
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit framework, feel
free.)