[Noisebridge-discuss] linux-y question. Also info on Android Tablets hooking up to FTDI devices.

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:12:32 UTC 2011

Oh neat! I had no idea. I already soldered up a USB cable by hand so I can
easily hit those pins. I'll see if my device has /dev/ttySAC2. I left it at
home today though. :-/

Unfortunately that's only a partial solution. Our plan was to use a USB hub
to connect both an FTDI and a flash drive (the tab works just fine with a
hub).

With the above trick, the Accessory ID line gets a 150k resistor across it,
but it needs 20k to go into USB mode, so they can't both be used at once it
would seem.

I'll try it though. The guy seemed to be unclear on if the 150k resistor was
necessary. With any luck USB and serial can be used simultaneously.

Thanks.

-Taylor