[Noisebridge-discuss] Rob sleeping at Noisebridge - Zero tolerance for sleep time in the space

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Aug 30 22:46:30 UTC 2011

gnnr wrote, On 2011-08-30 15:02:
> If there is a computer on the work bench in the soldering area it should probably
> be designated to be used with and for projects related to soldering/electronics.
> (Schematics, controlling devices, arduino programming) Other "public" machines
> can be located in general areas.
>
> From what I remember the machine in the soldering area used to be used for this
> and have various project files and utilities on it.
>
> If I make the meeting I will bring this point up.

Noisebridge's setup isn't persistent. This is by design. The expectation
that a particular computer will remain un-fucked in the space is a
farfetched one to have.

However expecting people to be excellent by labeling the crap out of a
machine to let others know its importance to a particular task, and
others being excellent by respecting what the machine is for is entirely
different.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net