[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Table

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Dec 1 21:06:32 UTC 2011

I was there!!!  The space is awesome (although weirdly like a hacker
Kinkos) but these tables weren't as practical as you might think.  I would
much prefer simply mounting an outlet box in the middle of the table, with
four sockets on each side, or even just screwing a power strip to the
table (they all have screw slots on the back)

as for the lighting.. i think we should see what the lighting in the space
turns into first, but if tables will have their own lighting i think it
should come from a single pole in the middle.  The metrix design is
visually cluttered, and having light coming from right behind and
above your laptop is not ideal.  It should come from higher up.

my BC0.0001

Rubin wrote:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hacker_Table

Please check out the pictures I've posted. Wouldn't cost that much for
us to implement this to many of our wooden tables. Anyone interested?

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net