[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Table

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Fri Dec 2 00:31:28 UTC 2011

Yeah, it seems like screwing a bar-style outlet down the center of the
table would work better.

The reason we didn't do this originally, if I remember right, was that
people were afraid of drinks & crumbs being spilled into the outlets?

I also like the idea of a low shelf being run length-wise over the center
of each table, maybe a foot off the surface, with a power bar screwed to
the underside of that, so you could set up scopes  or monitors on the shelf
and have a full work surface?

--S

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> I was there!!!  The space is awesome (although weirdly like a hacker
> Kinkos) but these tables weren't as practical as you might think.  I would
> much prefer simply mounting an outlet box in the middle of the table, with
> four sockets on each side, or even just screwing a power strip to the
> table (they all have screw slots on the back)
>
> as for the lighting.. i think we should see what the lighting in the space
> turns into first, but if tables will have their own lighting i think it
> should come from a single pole in the middle.  The metrix design is
> visually cluttered, and having light coming from right behind and
> above your laptop is not ideal.  It should come from higher up.
>
> my BC0.0001
>
> Rubin wrote:
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hacker_Table
>
> Please check out the pictures I've posted. Wouldn't cost that much for
> us to implement this to many of our wooden tables. Anyone interested?
>
> --
> Rubin
> rubin at starset.net

Shannon Lee