[Noisebridge-discuss] Jorgen, drama

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:12:22 UTC 2011

Jorgen lives at noisebridge in the darkroom, gets so drunk he is
incoherent, and would not leave me alone this morning.  I am curious if
other people are interested in discussing the growing problem of his
behavior and misuse of the space.

Tl;dr

Last night I was at a MAPP party and the host repeatedly asked jorgen to
leave because he was drunk and being loud after everyone else had gone and
it was quiet time. Jorgen refused to go. Eventually I was able to get him
outside of the house, and went back in for a while.  I went to noisebridge
and cooked a meal. Jorgen showed up and I gave him a plate of food.

He then followed me back to the kitchen and hung out injecting
incoherencies into the conversation I was having with someone else. He ate
some of that person's food, ate the rest of mine off my plate, and kept
being incoherent and interrupty. I asked him to leave me alone and he
wouldn't.  I kept asking and eventually was yelling pretty loud.  There
were other people in the space and they came over and tried to help him
walk away from me (I didn't demand he leave the space, just not hang out
right by me). He kept coming back over to STARE at me and try to talk to
me.  Eventually he started 'looking for his jacket' and then went into the
darkroom and fell asleep.

I think this behavior is a big problem and it made me too angry to behave
appropriately or to continue dealing with it directly.  I would appreciate
some discussion around this issue.

I used to like jorgen but I believe his level of functionality has
deteriorated a LOT and I reluctantly believe that he now needs a different
sort of place to be than noisebridge.

R.

mediumreality.com