[Noisebridge-discuss] LIbrary status report

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Sat Dec 10 01:35:04 UTC 2011

Hey there bookworms,

The library is slowly taking shape. Roughly, here's how it's set up:

Top: All the Computer Graphics Textbooks in the World
7th: Java | Sciences  | Math | Graphics
6th up: Perl, SQL | other languages (alphabetical) | Hacking/Security |
Graphics
5th up: C and C++, other programming languages (alphabetical) | Computer
science | Internet/Computer Culture
4th up: C#, C++, Smalltalk | Gamebridge, Anarchy | AI, Coding in general
| Internet/Computer culture
3rd to bottom: Fortran | Unix overflow | High performance/DB | Hardware
2nd to bottom: OS layer (lots of linux, unix, some windows/mac
Bottom shelves: the network layer, with some architecture & hardware

Most of the electronics books and catalogues over by the electronics lab.

I'm putting the books into LibraryThing, here:

http://www.librarything.com/profile/noisebridge

When they're scanned into LibraryThing I'm marking the upper spine with
an X.

So, about making some more room. While the computer graphics collection
is quite amazing I think it could stand to be weeded, unless someone
feels passionately that it should all stay.  I'm thinking the 1990s run
of the IEEE Visualization conference proceedings and SIGGRAPH conference
proceedings might could get donated to a university library.

There are a few more books that we might donate to the Mechanics'
Institute Library, like our 2nd copy of the 2004 Guide to the CISSP exam
and a few other things like that.

- Liz

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ