[Noisebridge-discuss] Pls KEEP Fully working Okidata color laser printer

Just Duncan justduncan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 21:47:41 UTC 2011

I just saw the meeting notes and the mention of keeping only TWO
printers.  There was no mention of which TWO and I'm having images of
an indiscriminate printer toss.

Please USE-- not toss-- the hi-speed high quality Color Laser Okidata
5253 printer that I recently got working and fully supplied with
toners and drum.  It is on the network (last I checked) and set up on
the printer table next to the B/w HP laser jet 5 that Rubin mentioned
getting new black toner for.

The Color Laser output is terrific and awesome quality!  While I also
got spare replacement toner cartridges (4-cymk) for down the road,
they are WAY expensive and unless specified in each print job as B/W,
use CYM toner for black.  For B/W printing, the Laserjet 5 is more
appropriate.

This printer is awesome for signs & posters & Qr codes using spot
color.  Ditto for web design hard copy, Pitch documents for funding,
final business plans, grad school applications, grant proposals,
consulting contracts, vc  buyouts, business cards, cash, etc.  I
thought it would be great for Noisebridge to have one NICE WORKING
printer, so please USE IT, with LOVE.

N.B.  Please do NOT attempt to use it for printing photographs on
shiny photo paper or Tyvek or transparencies as they will MELT and
totally BRICK it.  I learned this the hard and very expensive way.

Oh, and unless you want free housing, meals, and healthcare in
exchange for your freedom, the ATM is where to get cash-- just in case
anyone actually reads this. :-).   Not a good idea on printers, the
man is ahead on that.

Thanks and let me know if this is a problem.

Duncan