[Noisebridge-discuss] Make:SF January Meeting information

Malcolm Knapp malcolm.knapp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 20:17:15 UTC 2011

Hello Noisebridge,

Thought you might want to hear about our next meetings. Information is
below.

To begin with we will do any project demos. So come and show off your
projects! We want to see the cool stuff you're making. If you want to do a
demo, email us and we will arrange for it.

Then we start off our mini-projects for 2012 with Michael Shiloh and the
Arduino Theremin! Michael Shiloh teaches at the Crucible and through his
website Teach Me To Make and is an expert in all things Arduino. For those
of you who do not know, an Arduino is an open source microcontroller that
makes it easy to add electronics to your projects and a Theremin is a
musical instrument you can play without touching it.

There is no electronic or coding experience necessary for this project.
 This project is great for anyone who has been interested in making stuff
with microcontrollers but does not known where to start. We will be
soldering everything together on a wood and nails breadboard so you will
get to see what each individual part does. Then we will program your
circuit and make some music! So come practice soldering and learn some cool
new stuff :) The workshop will be $10.

NOTE: We will be providing all the parts for this project but if you have
your own Arduino you can use that as well. If you do bring your own
Arduino, bring a computer as well so you can do the programming.

Links to sign up
Make:SF Jan 10th @ The Tech Shop
http://www.meetup.com/makesf/events/45260552/

Make:SF Jan 3rd @ Tech Liminal