[Noisebridge-discuss] Hardware donation?

Ian McKellar ian at mckellar.org
Thu Dec 29 18:16:10 UTC 2011

Hi hackers,

I've got some old-ish hardware kicking around my small apartment
getting on my wife's nerves. I'd like to get it out of here - I'll
"recycle" it (ie: send it to developing world slums) but I thought I'd
see if Noisebridge is interested in it. I have:
 - Shuttle SB86I
(http://www.bit-tech.net/custompc/reviews/69796/shuttle-xpc-sb86i.html)
    it has ram, a p4 cpu a hard disk and an optical drive. I estimate
that it's probably worth about $150 based on ebay auctions for similar
gear.
 - Dell Optiplex GX110
(http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx110/en/index.htm)
    p3 with some ram, a cpu and an optical drive. The internet seems
to think it's worth about $100.
 - CoolerMaster 500W PSU
(http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=57). Probably
worth $30.
 - Belkin F6500H-SER UPS
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belkin-Surge-Protector-F6500-SER-/330559011607#ht_2388wt_1165).
Haven't used it in years - I assume it works.

Are there any Noisebridge projects that could use these fine vintage
computing items? I'm sure sick of looking at them.

Ian

--
Ian McKellar  <http://ian.mckellar.org/>
ian at mckellar.org: email | jabber | msn