[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Table

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 00:47:12 UTC 2011

 On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:

> Yeah, it seems like screwing a bar-style outlet down the center of the
> table would work better.
>
> The reason we didn't do this originally, if I remember right, was that
> people were afraid of drinks & crumbs being spilled into the outlets?

If the power strip / outlets were made to stand on one side (similar to how
these can rotate to the side
http://www.inewidea.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/image0097.jpg) it would
make them less likely to gather crumbs and spillage -- I think that would
suffice for a simple solution with decent results.

You could also mount powerstrips with the outlets completely upside-down
(so they collect even less junk) on top of a table if you had a mini-table
on the table in the center, and then you could also bolt a flexible arm
lamp on that mini-table so people can swivel it around if they need
additional lighting. -- That might be nicer than the overhanging PVC pipes
with attached lamps.

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails