[Noisebridge-discuss] Jorgen, drama

FireFaerie FireFaerie at psyreal.net
Tue Dec 6 21:09:57 UTC 2011

It is important to differentiate between the normal scope of the hacking
life versus actually living at Noisebridge.  It serves our community best to
strike a balance between being an open permissive collective while also
ensuring that intent of space is adhered to.  I endorse allowing for hacker
disco naps, that is if someone is working hard and needs a power nap then
they should feel comfortable doing so. It is overly restrictive to say that
no one must ever sleep at Noisebridge and I think it is an unrealistic
expectation; people will nod off from time to time regardless of what rules
we put in place, it's a side effect of keeping hacker hours.

That said disco naps and residency are different issues and I hope the
discussion tonight can reflect that nuance. I oppose using Noisebridge as a
primary residence / sleeping quarters and endorse Noisebridge as maker space
and community which supports hacking culture.

 ~Kaya~